Saturday, November 14, 2009

When is the best time to transplant cannas, calla lillies, and gladiolas?

I have some cannas, calla lillies, and gladiolas that I want in a different place. I know that they can be transplanted since they are perinnials. I just don't know when the best time to do this is. Thank you for your help in advance.





Nickie

When is the best time to transplant cannas, calla lillies, and gladiolas?
You can transplant cannas anytime. It is difficult to kill. I have always been told that it is best to transplant bulbs like lillies, glads, and daffodils in the fall. However, I have have had great success with transplanting all three immediately after bloom. That is a good time to separate and encourage new growth for the next year.
Reply:April or May.


No comments:

Post a Comment