Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cannas(plants)?

Question about my cannas(plants)?


My crimson beauty(the red one) is doing well, but does anybody know why the striped beauties are not doing anything. They've had no flowers and very little growth. Do these have different needs than regular cannas? What do you think could be wrong?





here is the link to a video of them: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F1g5iejPuyQ

Cannas(plants)?
I have to tell you this! :) My husband and I live in Central America and we both enjoyed your video. Hearing the birds singing was a step back in time. :) How lovely!





Now, to answer your question...I believe it is the amount of water the zebra striped plants are receiving/ it looks like they are either receiving a little to much, or not quite enough.





Another thing could be the planting depth. It appears that the striped ones may be a little deeper than the solid ones.





One thing you may want to be aware of is the stripped cannas will eventually shade the (looks like) day lillies on the right side. You may want to move the much taller cannas to the back and the shorter plants toward the front.





Hope this helps. Thanks again!
Reply:Are they getting as much sun as the others ???? I am not sure but they might be a later to bloom variety You might try giving a little plant food like miracle grow and a little extra water . Otherwise I am not sure what to do


No comments:

Post a Comment