Saturday, November 14, 2009

Planting Cannas?

I recenetly was given dug up half grown cannas. As I was replanting these in my yard some of the roots (rhizome) broke off from the bunch when I was replanting them. I just left it the hole I dug for the bunch (3 stalks per bunch) and covered it will garden soil (Miracle Grow). Are they going to be ok? I have my sprinkler on them now but worry they may die because of them breaking off as I stuck them in the ground. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Planting Cannas?
That's hopw to propagate them, breaking off pieces. I had a patch about 10ft by 20ft that I propagated like that, when there was a cluster of rhizomes, I just broke it into singles, and planted them.


I love cannas!
Reply:You're doing fine. You can break the roots up and as long as you water them every other day until they take root they'll be fine. The main concern is that they don't dry out or rot. They like lots of sun. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment