Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can I pot annuals on top of cannas?

I'm trying some cannas in pots this year. I'm wondering if it's okay to pot some annuals in there with them so the pots have some color till the cannas come up. (Or if they don't come up at all!) I know cannas need their space and I don't want to inhibit their growth. I'm zone 6, if that matters. Any suggestions? Preferably annuals that like sunshine, since that's what the cannas like. I have a flat of petunias already, think they would be okay? I'd like other suggestions too. Thanks guys!

Can I pot annuals on top of cannas?
Yes you can, as long as they come out when the cannas get bigger. Bachelor’s-buttons, larkspur, sweet alyssum, and calendula would grow well even in zone 6. October is also the time to sow seed for sweet peas, snapdragons, stocks, Chinese forget-me-nots (Cynoglossum amabile), toadflax (linaria), and just about any kind of annual poppy, if you want to see flowers by late winter or early spring.


Also sweet alyssum, pansies, violas, schizanthus, and cineraria.


Enjoy!

network security

No comments:

Post a Comment