Friday, November 18, 2011

The front of my house faces east can i plant canna on the north side as a hedge? i live in Oklahoma?

I've found that most important is the soil. This past spring I moved mine to a more sunny location but really poor soil. After an entire summer of sun, they are like miniatures and never bloomed. Last year in a half sunny spot, but way better soil they were almost 6 feet tall! So as long as they get a fair amount of sun and good fertile soil you should have success. Good Luck!

The front of my house faces east can i plant canna on the north side as a hedge? i live in Oklahoma?
South would be better....but anywhere it can receive full sun is satisfactory.
Reply:It will probably grow but not bloom as much as it would if planted in full sun. But then I have one that popped up in a crack in my driveway, I am sure it is not only in part shade there but it also rarely gets water.


No comments:

Post a Comment